Tuesday 30 December 2014

Goodbye 2014, hello 2015

So, tomorrow night it New Year’s Eve and we’ll be sailing on through to 2015. I’m probably the last one to have said this, but this year really has flown by. All in all, it’s been a pretty good year… though it still hasn’t overcame 2013, which aside a few minor complications in the first couple of months… was amazing! (I basically realised men sucked and went on to have an awesome finish to sixth year, had the best friends’ holiday to Magaluf and started University and made a bunch of remarkable friends). 


    So what did 2014 have in store for me? Well, quite a bit of growing up really. Second semester and second year of university for me as someone who came straight from school was where everything finally sort of fell into place for me. I have to admit, first semester had some downfalls, I didn’t feel homesick per se, I just felt not everything was “right”. Sticking through it was the best option. I now come back to visit my parents and feel homesick for Stirling!

As I am not one to remember events from the top of my head, I flicked through some of the events of 2014 on my timeline. I went to London with my bestfriends and saw Taylor Swift in concert, saw Mama Mia live and did alllll the touristy things you should! Radio 1's big weekend with Kayti, Yasmin and Becky. I finally got to see You me at Six and Panic at the disco live and my young teen dreams were lived.
   Not forgetting my first Stirling University Dance Show, tonnes and tonnes of hours of work.. but sooooo worth it! It was this time of year that brought all the dancers together, I love my flatmates but I also love the dancers, we are like our own little family!
    Summer wasn’t overly fun this year, I wasn’t great at budgeting in first year so had some overdraft to pay off. However I am so grateful to my boss for all the shifts I received as I paid everything off and saved a lot for the next year, even if I truly did live at the Anchor Hotel in Summer 2014. Apart from Wickerman, where a bunch of people from Stirling came to visit my "narnia" and truly made it the best year of the festival I've ever experienced. Also, it was the first time EVER i'd been convinced to drink off a terrible hangover at 9.30am in the morning. Something very unlike me.


I also had so many great nights out this year, with the friend group now established and solid it made everything so much easier, and it obviously wasn't complete with our annual bonfire night "family" night, although not all of us live together anymore <3
    I also had some special nights with my friends back home, walks around the woods, drinking and bonfires by the beach and the Easter weekend to name a few.
   For me 2014 was much a year not clouded by boy trouble, but dedicated to friendship bonding.

   Partying aside I also got my head down in 2014 and have to say I have not been really disappointed in a grade so far, so here’s hoping something sticks. I am here for a degree ya know.

   Plans for 2015? Immediately I have a few things to look forward to, my sisters’ hen do at the end of January and the wedding on the 28th February where I finally get to live out my childhood dream of being a bridesmaid. (I also don’t have to worry about what to wear – win win!) I will also be seeing McBusted for the second time in March with my flatmate Heather.. another highlight of 2014!
  Not much else planned so far, I will just see what the year brings me… for now, my immediate worry is about having a great time on NYE. I’m just going to a small house party in town, but I’m pretty excited to be spending the New Year with friends I grew up with like I do every year.


Happy New Year and I wish you happiness in 2015!
Until next time


xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs